Thursday, June 4, 2009

# 36 July 14th- Tuesday

-Team Teaching
I enjoyed sleeping in this morning. I had a nice cup of African coffee and read through my Bible over breakfast. At school it was a pretty low key day. I wanted to try a review strategy with David based on the Pyramid game. It was boys vs. girls and we called it Hot Seat. Basically I would write a word in chalk on the blackboard. The student in the seat could not see the word, but there classmate could raise a hand and offer a clue to get them to guess the word. We all had a great time and I think it is something David could use in the future. There was not as much sitting around today; although many of the teachers are frustrated by an arbitrary tax that has been applied to their paychecks. They have been sharing more stories with me about what life was like during the war. One man shared that he was as fearful of the government soldiers as he was of the LRA rebels.
After school Geoffrey and I went out for a soda. He has so many questions about life and God. We decided to create postcards for sale. There are not really any good postcards here in Gulu and I think I know someone who will let him sell them at his shop. Pray that this is a success. I really want to find a sustainable way to help Geoffrey pay for his school fees. Not much more to report. I hope everyone is doing well.2 weeks left!