Thursday, June 4, 2009

#31 July 9th- Thursday

-Team Teaching
It was a quiet day at Gulu SS. Today was the beginning of the national sports competitions. Many of the students decided to take the day off and attend. Many of the teachers did the same. By the time we were ready to begin class, only about half of the students were present. We still gave a very good lesson. David had mentioned that he wanted to set up an email account, but didn’t know how. I took him over to CafĂ© Larem and we set it up.
At the school I climbed to the top of one of the buildings and got some good panoramic shots of the city. Our classes diminished to very few students so we called it a day and I went over to the stadium to see the competitions. The place was packed. I shot a little video, but I stopped after a bit. It just feels so awkward to hold up and object in a crowd that is worth twice the average annual salary of those standing next to you.